A wonderful chicken salad dish with lettuce, mayo, and barbeque sauce to brighten any day! This salad is the ideal snack, lunch, or dinner, thanks to the acidic shredded chicken and BBQ spices. This salad is the perfect light summer supper or a fantastic way to use up chicken leftovers from your upcoming barbecue! This flavorful BBQ chicken salad is straightforward to make. This dish is ideal if you want something quick, nutritious, and filling.
Your tongue will water when you combine sweet barbeque sauce with creamy mayonnaise! This BBQ chicken salad for lunch or dinner is the ideal way to eat well. This flavorful salad will sate your appetite for BBQ chicken. This salad is great because of the crisp, fresh crunch the fresh vegetables give. This chicken salad is made much better by adding crunchy lettuce and red onion.
Additionally, it is loaded with excellent cheese, cucumbers, and tomatoes. Ranch dressing and barbeque sauce go together like butter and honey. This recipe makes a delicious BBQ chicken salad with only five essential ingredients that everyone will like. Making it at home is far less expensive, and your favorite ingredients are not sacrificed.
Prep time: 10-15 min
Serve for: 3-4
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt, to taste
- 6 cups of romaine lettuce
- 3/4 cup drained canned corn kernels,
- 1 tomato
- 3/4 cup rinsed and drained canned black beans
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup High On Chicken barbeque sauce
- 1/4 cup of tortilla chips
- Take 3-4 chicken breast and season them with salt, High On Chicken barbeque sauce, and pepper and leave it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare the corn for 4 minutes in the microwave for the corn, or you can peel it and boil it in water for 5 minutes.
- Cut the corn from the cob after removing the husk.
- Cook chicken for about 5 minutes on each side, or until it is thoroughly cooked in the center, over a preheated grill or grill pan sprayed with olive oil.
- Cook the corn alongside the chicken on the grill or pan until it is completely browned.
- Using a cooking thermometer, determine the chicken’s internal temperature.
- When cooked, the internal temperature should be 165°F.
- Chop the chicken breast thinly after transferring it to a chopping board.
- Take 3-4 bread slices and blend them in a grinder.
- Add bread crumbs to the plate.
- Cut onion, tomato, and lettuce into a cube size on a chopping board.
- Layer the romaine lettuce with the chicken, tomato, corn, beans, onion, and cheese in a large bowl.
- Mixing carefully, drizzle Ranch dressing and barbeque sauce over the salad.
- Serve right away with tortilla strips on top.
Occasions when you can make BBQ chicken salad
Your diet can benefit from more variety and color by including salad. Any combination of vegetables, fruits, nuts, legumes, or cheese can make a salad. If you want the meal to have extra protein, you may also include meat or fish. For instance, a great BBQ chicken salad combines lettuce and chicken. After your main meal is when you should prepare your salad.
The barbeque chicken recipe goes well with BBQ chicken salad which is a perfect meal to be presented at get-togethers or parties. Grill your chicken in BBQ sauce which includes the same steps as in the Barbeque Chicken recipe, and your guest will surely love this combo.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Does the chicken need to be cooked before the BBQ sauce is applied?
The barbeque sauce should be added in the last 10 to 15 minutes of cooking when the chicken has been carefully cooked to perfection. This is valid for both grilling or smoking ribs while adding the sauce.
- How can I cook a barbecue chicken recipe without making the chicken dry?
To avoid dry and rubbery chicken in the barbeque recipe, brine it first. Simply immersing the chicken in a saltwater solution before grilling or barbeque is brining. As a result, the chicken doesn’t overcook on the grill and gets fantastic grill marks thanks to the quick-browning sugars and enhanced surface moisture.
- Can chicken be marinated in bbq sauce alone?
Absolutely! It is simple to transform it into High On Chicken barbeque sauce for use as a marinade, as in the above recipe. Making the transition from sauce to marinade can be a little. It tastes good either way!
- How can I make my chicken’s BBQ sauce stick?
Add salt and pepper first to the chicken. Usually, you season meat with salt and pepper before grilling it for flavor, but for skinless chicken, it provides texture, which is even more crucial. Because of this texture, the barbeque sauce has something to hold onto rather than melting off immediately.
- How long should chicken marinate in BBQ sauce?
Before grilling, the chicken should be marinated in BBQ sauce to enhance the flavor. A minimum of two hours will be acceptable, though the longer the chicken spends mingling with the marinade, the better. Additionally, an overnight stay in the refrigerator results in tastier chicken and allows you to get a head start on preparation.